Continuing Legal Education
Many of our events and speaking engagements are CLE accredited.
View all CLE programs
We also provide tailored CLE presentations and other training sessions on site for clients and friends of the firm
View subjects for tailored presentations.
November 30, 2021
Trademark Modernization Act: Understanding the USPTO’s Final Rulemaking
Beginning in December 2021, the Director of the USPTO and brand owners alike will be able to initiate the new ex parte reexamination and expungement proceedings authorized by the Trademark Modernization Act of 2020. Join us for a conversation about those proceedings, the final rulemaking recently released by the USPTO, and the impact on brand owners. In this webinar, we will cover:
- -Trademark Office procedures for reexamination and expungement proceedings, as set forth in the November 2021 final rulemaking;
- -Best practices for brands responding to reexamination and expungement proceedings;
- -Considerations for brands and others bringing reexamination and expungement proceedings;
- -New rules for Letters of Protest and;
- -Changes in attorney recognition before the Trademark Office
1 California General Participatory Credit
1 New York Professional Practice Credit
Presented by: Catherine Farrelly and Kimberly Maynard of the Frankfurt Kurnit Trademark & Brand Management Group
Date: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Time: 12:30 p.m.to 1:30 p.m. EST
*This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the California MCLE Board for a maximum of 1.0 General Participatory Credit. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional)).
**This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.0 credit hours in Areas of Professional Practice. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional)).